There have been many great receiver tandems in the NFL but now it seems like they are coming more often as teams are passing more in 3 receiver sets. Here are my top 5 receiver tandems.
1. Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne Colts: These guys are the definition of consistent as they are both almost a lock to put up 1000 yards and multiple touchdowns. Now with rookie Anthony Gonzalez coming in it should give them even more time to shine.
2. Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh Bengals: “Ocho Cinco” is the one with all of the media attention but T.J. “who’s your mama” is catching up to him as last season he had even more catches than Johnson did. They should help Carson Palmer for years to come.
3. Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin Cardinals: This might be the group with the most potential as Fitzgerald and Boldin are both under 27 and they are growing right along with their quarterback Matt Leinart. In a couple years they will be in the top 2.
4. Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson Lions: I know some of you are thinking but Calvin Johnson hasn’t even played a game yet. Even with that considered they have so much potential with Mike Martz running that offense they should be great for years.
5. Donte Stallworth, Randy Moss Patriots: This might be the fastest tandem of them all as they both should give Tom Brady serious deep threats he has never had. They could have career seasons the way Brady distributes the ball.
Honorable Mention: Torry Holt,Isaac Bruce: This pair is also very consistent as both of them can easily make the hall of fame. They should make Marc Bulger’s job a lot easier this year also.