1. Ladanian Tomlinson Chargers: After last season is there anything else left to say? LT is the best player in fantasy football and is definitley worth the 1st selection. Don’t expect 30 touchdowns this year my guess is around 19 and 1600 yards.
2. Steven Jackson Rams: Jackson is a big physical back who can handle a 25 carries a game. He also caught over 90 passes last year so he could go first in leagues that count points for receptions. Plus with that high powered offense expect around 15 touchdowns along with 1500 yards.
3. Frank Gore 49ers: Gore was a sleeper last year as he was picked up on lots of waiver wires during the preseason. That’s not going to happen anymore as he established himself as a premiere back. He also catches a lot of passes as he 61 receptions last year. With an improved 49ers offense expect around 1600 yards and 10 touchdowns.
4. Shaun Alexander Seahawks: Is the NFC West that good that three of the top 4 are from that divison are is the defensive play that bad? Well either way Alexander should have a much better season this year as he will be healthy from a broken foot. Plus he won’t be on Madden this year so expect 1300 yards and 15 touchdowns.
5. Brian Westbrook Eagles: Westbrook had a breakout year last year as he finally stayed healthy and had career highs across the board. He is very involved in the passing game so he is also a good choice for reception leagues. Expect around 1800 total yards and 10 touchdowns.
6. Willie Parker Steelers: “Fast Willie” showed he wasn’t a fluke last year getting almost 1500 yards and 16 touchdowns as the Steelers never found a goal line back to replace Jerome Bettis. Expect around 1500 yards and 12 touchdowns.
7. Larry Johnson Chiefs: If it wasn’t for the situation with the new quarterback and the holdout he would be much higher. Johnson should have another good year unless if his body brakes down from all the wear and tear he suffered last year like Terrell Davis and Jamal Anderson did. Expect around 1400 yards and 17 touchdowns if he stays healthy.
8. Joseph Addai Colts: Addai should have an even better sophmore campaign as he will get all the carries now that Dominic Rhodes is gone. Plus his offense is so explosive it will give him lots of goal line oppurtunities. Expect around 1400 yards and 11 touchdowns.
9. Laurence Maroney Patriots: Maroney had a solid rookie season but now that goal line back Corey Dillon is gone Maroney will carry the load and get lots of touchdowns. Expect around 1300 yards and 10 touchdowns.
10. Travis Henry Broncos: In years past fantasy owners didn’t know what Bronco would get the majority of carries. They don’t have to worry this year as Henry is proven he can carry the load. Plus there offensive line is so good I could run for 1000 yards. Expect around 1600 yards and 8 touchdowns.